Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lemonade stand

The first warm day of the year and the kids wanted to do a lemonade stand.  I love the American dream and capitalism but something in me cringes and tries to think of an excuse as to why they can't do it today. 
Is it the mess?  The danger of strangers and having the little ones on the corner where they can wander into the street?  Or the disputes as to who really helped and how to divide up the cash.  By the end of it, every child in the neighborhood had something to do with it by holding the sign or getting customers.   Of course they all want some of the money but the ones that came up with the idea think they are entitled to it all. 
After it is all said and done, I hope I wasn't too grouchy about it.  I am left with some sticky cleanup, but it seems they all had a great time and can't wait to do it again.