Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of School

It is a monumental year for us.  All four of the oldest are in elementary school together.  We have a kindergartner, 3rd grader, 4th grader, and 6th grader.  This is my last year to have Lily all to myself without any preschool.  They are such cute kids and it should be a great year.
Gabe didn't start the same day as them and was sad about that.  Ethan and a couple of his friends he has been with for years.
This year, Sophie gets her good friend Cienna in her class.  We were some of the only ones that didn't request a certain, popular teacher (that I think doesn't live up to the hype) but a change from all the regular kids in her class will be good.  She didn't want her picture taken.

Carissa told us we couldn't take pictures but when one of the boy's mom was snapping away, I jumped in to get a couple of her cute group of friends.  They are good kids.
A week later, we got to do it again with Gabe.  He picked out an all camouflage outfit that wasn't new and really didn't want to change.  It wasn't worth the battle- I let him wear whatever he wanted for his first day at school.  I didn't request a teacher for him and he isn't with all his buddies but I hope it goes well.  He is easygoing and makes friends easily so I hope it works out.  He is such a cute little guy.