Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

The kids made Taylor these great ties and of course he wore all 4 to church in Phoenix. 

    I hope we actually celebrate Taylor more than just one day a year because he is the best dad in the world.  Really.  He loves his kids so much and shows it by the time he spends with them.  He plays with them, is patient and a great listener.  When I worry about my parenting effects on the kids, I have to take a deep breath and remember they will be fine with him as their dad.   They truly are lucky kids- I know other families may feel the same about their dads and I hope so because it makes this world a better place to have dad's that are doing their best.
     I love my own dad too.  I could go on and on about how he was and is the best father for me.  What may be even more special about him is that he is one of my dearest friends now of whom I wish I could be more alike.  He really is amazing and anyone that knows him, feels the same.
     Even though I didn't grow up with Dan as my own father, I am grateful for all he taught Taylor and did to make him into the person he is.  I enjoy Dan's calm nature and sense of humor when I tell him stories, it makes me happy if I can make him smile or laugh.