Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bear Lake

The day school let out for the summer, we headed to Bear Lake with Taylor's family.  The first morning there I went for a run up the dirt road near the golf course when all of a sudden, 2 dogs came out of nowhere barking and ready to attack.  They were large dogs with no owner in sight so before I knew it, I was in the karate kid pose with one leg up ready to kick and shouting, 'No, get away' in my meanest voice.  I know I looked ridiculous but something about the karate pose worked.  However, a little further down the road, I realized that the only way back was past the same spot so I did what any grown woman would do.  I traipsed through sagebrush, private property and the golf course to find a new way home. 

Despite the rough start, we enjoyed four days of cousin time, games, lots of food and the beach.  Looking around at my sister and brother- in- laws I thought about how different yet similar they all are.  They are such great people, I would choose them as friends even if we weren't related.
Asher and Gabe


Although it was freezing at the beach, we had it to ourselves:) and the kids had a sandcastle contest... boys vs. girls.  

Rachel, Lindsey, Carissa, Heather


Micah, Carissa, Heather, and Livvy decorating Star Wars cookies.
Lindsey, Heather, Savannah, Ethan, Matt
There was plenty of cookie decorating, coloring and crafts, pool games, and sleepovers in the movie theatre
We had a few kickball games on the grass that were so much fun, we didn't think to take any pictures.
  Sunday evening, we calmly enjoyed some cupcakes....
(I love this picture of Lily's eyelashes since I don't have any.  Thank goodness for Taylor passing them on)

A fun loving brother helped Taylor enjoy his cupcake in a new way.  It got a bit messier than this but Lily was so distraught over the frosting on her dad's face, I had to take her away. 
Although the weather was cooler than usual, we had a great time together.