Saturday, January 24, 2009

Scatterbrained Mom?

A couple weeks before we moved, we had a container dropped off that we could pack up and they come back to get it and store it. The container was coming at 12:00 but would call first, the appraiser was coming at 10:00 but would use the key box so I thought it would be good to go out with the 2 youngest, round up some boxes and run errands to be home about 11:30 when Ethan gets dropped off from kindergarten. Doesn't this sound like a great plan? Until I am in the mall making a return and notice it is just before 11:00 and I am ahead of schedule, then remember it is Friday (early out 10:45).
I made Gabe run as I grab his hand, running out to the car. I had left my cell phone in the car and I was thinking, Ethan will ring the doorbell and the appraiser will open the door as Stacy sees him get in safely and drives off. OH NO!! I kept trying to call Stacy's cell phone which went to voice mail. It is 15 min. since school was let out so I am certain I have a traumatized boy. I call Amy Church down the street so that she can minimize the damage until I get there. What a great friend! Tanner answered and told me that Ethan went home first. I panicked and asked Amy to please go get Ethan.
Little did I know that the appraiser didn't show up but the container guy did and was dropping off the container when Stacy pulled up so she couldn't really see if Ethan got in or not. The container guy called Taylor's cell phone and told him he had his son. So now the container guy is babysitting for us as Taylor can hear Amy calling to Ethan to come down with her. The best part is that the container guy asked Ethan to wait and if he really knew Amy and if it would be okay to go with her? Taylor called me to ask where I was and what was going on. I arrived home 5 minutes after the entire fiasco. The container in my driveway without the worker, and Ethan happily playing at Tanners house and didn't want to even come home. I thought he would have freaked out. I could have just stayed at the mall!