Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Boise Idaho

For fall break this year, we thought it would be fun to visit Taylor's cousins in Idaho and visit the open house for the newly remodeled Boise temple.  We stayed at Heather's house and then her oldest daughter Mattie came with us to the open house.  It was so beautiful and I love all the details they put into it to make it unique to Boise.  The spirit was so strong and it was so peaceful.

Then we changed clothes and decided to go to a top tourist spot in Boise... the old prison.  We didn't plan it like that on purpose or even think of it until the end of the day but the stark difference between the two was astonishing.  It almost seemed like there were ghosts there and the creepy feeling was palpable.  The different stories about criminals and the history of the prison that you could read as you walked through were fascinating but eery.  There were still fixtures in the cells and paint peeling from the wall.  Interesting fact:  The prison was open for 101 years and closed the week after I was born.  Thinking of the days and years many people spent here wasting away their lives for bad choices made was sad.  I want to continually seek for and have the peace and holiness I felt in our first field trip of the day.   The old prison was a creepy Halloween thing to do. 
 Of course we still had a fun time exploring and looking around as evidenced by the kids goofing off.