Friday, June 10, 2011

End of School stuff

The egg drop was a hit this year because we planned ahead and instead of taking some stuffed animals to DI, I offered them to the kids to put the egg inside.  I only helped with the needle/thread.  Ethan put this cape and diaper on his with writing all over it.  We tried to make it Zorro but the eye mask turned into a headband.  The teacher that threw it off the roof flew it around a bit which made the crowd go wild and Ethan proud. 
Sophie also opted for an egg in the bear and put cute ribbons on her to decorate it up. 

Carissa decided to used Ziploc, cotton and paper towels.  She hasn't participated with an egg for the last 2 years since she was too attached to her last egg in 2nd grade by decorating, naming it and then it cracked.
Proud to say all 3 eggs made it without a crack which made the kids happy and I had fun at the opening table to see the results. 
The next day was the fun run.  I helped at the usual corner with Gabe and Lily to spray the kids with spray bottles while Taylor started with Carissa and doubled back to run some with Sophie and Ethan.

Sophie and Carissa were too fast for a picture on the route but I got this cute one of Carissa and her good friend Brinley.  Gabe and Lily just liked the Creamies at the end.

It has been a great school year for the kids with great friends and fun memories.  I loved Ethan's teacher who actually won teacher of the year.  Carissa has such sweet girls in her grade and she has grown so much.  Sophie was pushed more this year than in previous years but has still been bored which creates doubt in my mind sometimes if we really did right to not have her skip a grade back in kindergarten.    Despite this, I still feel we did the right thing when we look at the entire picture.

The Float
Every Saturday morning over the past 2 months, I have been up at the building with the float and the kids get to fend for themselves on Saturday morning.  I think they are liking it a little too much with all the cereal and tv but I am trying my best at balancing responsiblities.