I had good intentions of sending out a Christmas card but then decided I just didn't have the time. We even looked coordinated this day at church so we have the photo. It was just the actual ordering, addressing, and mailing of the card that didn't happen. I love to receive all the cards and see how people are doing but it was liberating to accept that the card wasn't happening this year. So for anyone that actually reads this blog or wanted to receive one... I'm sorry.
This Christmas season was a lot of fun and we were busy planning and hosting all kinds of parties. First weekend of December I was in charge of the ward party so we did a breakfast with pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, hash browns, orange juice, fruit and muffins. It was quite the spread and the 10 people that came to cook an hour before it started were lifesavers. We had a huge turnout of over 250 people and Santa came at the end to surprise the kids. I think it turned out to be a great party if you ask me but I am biased.
We also expanded St. Lucia Day on the 13th to include a full dinner and invited more guests. My parents came this year and it was especially nice to have them.
We also hosted the Anderson family party which I don't seem to have any pictures of but it was a lot of fun to visit with the adults and for the cousins to be together. Taylor put together a Christmas trivia game which was a lot of fun.We also hosted all my family as Jen was coming but would have to fly out too early on Christmas day to do all the family gift exchange etc. We had a big taco bar and played the trivia game too. Then we had the customary exchange with each of the cousins and then the adults played our game where you can steal a gift twice before it has a permanent home. It was a relaxing party and nice to all sit around and visit.
Carissa performed in her dance studios 'Nutcracker' in two different parts. Ethan joined in as they needed more Oriental Servants. They did a terrific job.
We went to 'This is the Place Park' again which was a blast. Nobody was there so we felt like it really was a tiny pioneer village open just for us. Father Christmas had nobody else in line so we took our time chatting with him.
We took Carissa and Sophie to the Motab concert of David Archuleta which was AMAZING!!! He is phenomenal----love him and his voice!
Overall, we had a great and fun Christmas break. Taylor ended up working a lot to close a deal that had a deadline of the end of the year for tax purposes. The kids were out of school for 2 weeks and we all remained healthy through the holidays which really was... a Christmas miracle!




