Sunday, March 7, 2010

Biohazard!

Yikes, parents deserve a medal or honorary degree in biology for all we deal with. Last week, I was awakened earlier than usual by a child who had wet through to their PJ's and bed. No big deal, this happens at our house. After I get him all cleaned up and snuggle up in bed for a couple more minutes, I hear Lily start to stir. Ethan called me to come now and just trust him- instead of him just getting her up and bringing her in. Upon doing so, I found Lily covered in vomit. It appears she did it in the night and her body was wet, cold and matted. We put her straight in the bath and I thought to myself, this is probably better than if it were a diaper:) This morning, she awoke crying again, only this time, it was her diaper. I actually just threw her pink pajamas away and washed the blankets and sheets twice. Last week, Ethan and Gabe had the stomach flu and bunk beds don't get along with that. What a mess as I scrubbed the frame and plastic mattress pad (sweet $5 investment) started a load of laundry with BOTH bedspreads and shampooed the carpet at 1:00 am. Taylor was a big help with it all and it's moments like this I feel so lucky to have a spouse like him who is a true partner in all things without me even asking. Seriously, parenting is not for the faint of heart.