Saturday, August 15, 2009

Our Camping Family Reunion

We were a little apprehensive at spending 3 nights and 4 days camping with the family. With how the last couple of months have gone, Taylor was hoping for the Marriott. The accommodations were as nice as camping can be though with us bringing our own bedding and padding. Cabins were provided, showers and flushing toilets, and a cooking area with a fridge, stove, and electricity. We went out on canoes twice and the kids loved being out on the lake.


Gabe preferred going with his favorite cousin Jack (they love to be together and cause a lot of trouble).



We did 2 different ropes courses. Dad was usually the anchor or the person that stopped us from swinging or zip-lining. He did a great job, none of us got hurt!

Waiting for another activity on the course. Dave, Brigham, Sophie, Jack, Rachel, Caleb, Gilbert, Gabe, and Jen.

Gabe was too small to do the climbing course but they harnessed him in and let him have a big swing. He loved it and looked so grown up.

Sophie ascending the course.

They usually had a lesson to tie into each activity and here are Taylor and I on the wire we had to balance and lean into each other. The leader explained that it is like a marriage and being equally yoked. Laura made fun of us because we did awesome. She kept saying, "I trust you, I trust you." I think she was annoyed that her and Todd kept falling.

Ethan and Spencer at the top of the mountain after a hike.


Mom and Dad were troopers to plan out the meals and did so much work at the campsite not only with food but playing with all the kids. They are so great!


Carissa, Ethan, Rachel, Sophie, Spencer, Aerin, Gabe at the volleyball pit before sunset.


How can you be bored in the great outdoors? We migrated to wherever the shade was to hang out, visit and play some Burns trivia thanks to my SIL Jen who put together questions from each of us. It brought back a lot of fun memories. Here are Lily, Rachel, EE, Spencer.

Lily, enjoying her spaghetti


Dominoes in the shade!



Campfires and s'mores

Best of all, I think I have convinced Tay that camping IS fun!!! He secretly loved it!