Saturday, April 25, 2009

St. George and Taylors Birthday

We decided to get away the week after spring break and left on the afternoon of Taylor's birthday to St. George. We stopped in Beaver and ate at McD's. After we ordered, I took Gabe to the restroom and noticed how nice the new lights and tile are in the redecorated McD's. is. I went in the bathroom, helped him and went myself as Gabe tried to open the door. Somebody had just walked in so I told him out loud to close the door. As we went out to wash our hands, there was a man near the stall and my heart pounded fast as I thought, 'pervert!' and I asked if he was in the wrong restroom. He was embarrassed and said, 'I think you are in the wrong restroom'. I noticed the urinal and quickly ran out with Gabe to wash our hands in the women's bathroom. I was so embarrassed!






One day we went to Snow canyon and the kids loved climbing and exploring. We also went to Red Cliffs which is less popular but the hike was a lot of fun. We caught caterpillars to bring home and they formed cocoons before we even got back to the condo.
The kids loved swimming even though it really wasn't that warm.


The temple grounds were beautiful too.








We watched HGtv and Disney Channel a lot, sometimes I wonder if we just went on vacation so that we could watch cable. Taylor and I took turns staying with the kids so we could do a temple session as well. It was restful and fun to be a family.